i am ecstatic to be one of the artists exhibiting at the eleventh anniversary of what’s blooming on harrison street, taking place on may 20-21. this year’s theme is “discover silver,” as the event gives a nod toward seniors during the month of may.
the galleries will be open late friday night with special activities, guests and music. on saturday, as well as having special events and activities in the galleries, a portion of harrison street will be closed off for exhibitor booths. and behind one of those booths with be, yours truly!
i have been very busy lately, creating furiously and spending nights immersed in my canvas. here are the currently paintings that i am preparing for the artwalk. hope to see you there!
– over 60 local artists display jewelry, mixed media, photography, fiber, glass, ceramics
– will rogers show performed by the multi-talented lance brown
– mr. d’s magic truck – a show that both young and old will enjoy!
– ethnic dancers
– music from many different genre’s performing in four different areas.
– silver mimes will be mingling with the crowd – photo opportunities abound
– silver art contest by district 97 – you be the judge!
– food vendors & bake sale.
the oak park arts district is a nine block area known for its art galleries, artist’s studios, one of a kind boutiques and restaurants. it is also home to service businesses, i.e., yoga and healing arts studios, salons and residential and commercial services. the art district is located in historic oak park, on harrison street, west of austin boulevard and east of ridgeland avenue, one block north of I-290. what’s blooming on harrison is one of three art walks that are held during the year. it is an outdoor event, rain or shine.